Sunday, June 2, 2013

Eye-searing Neon Ruffian with China Glaze!

So, I wanted to spice it up. It's summer and I'm lovin' it. Yesterday, one of my friends had a grad party and I needed to touch my nails up. I had originally done my unphotographed right hand with a base of Essie's Bright Tights with China Glaze's I'm With the Lifeguard on top. It really didn't look that great because non-eye-searing with eye-searing didn't work. Anyway, I took that off and did my right to match my left.

I apologize in advance for the cat hair I didn't see on my ring finger! Photos taken in natural light, not exactly color accurate.






These are both China Glaze, Pool Party over Celtic Sun. I wish someone had told me that Celtic Sun takes 5+ coats to build to opacity, which is why 1/3 of my bottle is gone and the yellow looks very patchy. Surprisingly, though, the color shown in all but the photo below is almost completely accurate!



Pool Party, on the other hand (no pun intended), applies very well in all manicures I've used it in, and dries matte. Unfortunately, this color is SO bright my camera couldn't handle itself, so these photos show it as more coral leaning where it is really super hot pink. As you can see, I'm truthfully no good at ruffians as I have trouble getting the line perfectly smooth along the top.



Either way, I really enjoy this manicure and it hasn't chipped (keep in mind, I painted this hand on Tuesday) except for a couple minor nicks in the tips. I plan to keep it on for as long as I can before I have to do graduation nails.


                  

I graduate on June 7th, so look forward to pics of my graduation mani! Hope you all have a great day. :)

Here's a bonus picture of bottle shots!:


No comments:

Post a Comment